Friday, December 5, 2008

The holidays are coming, BE READY!

I've been a bad bad blogger lately. Life has been crazy between work and home, but I've been thinking of logging on lots. With the holidays right around the corner I thought I'd better post my two cents of motivation. Ok, ready?

My weight loss is going well...I'm fitting comfortably into a size 8 but not for long- they're loosening up and I'm sticking to my plan pretty well. I've actually become a health coach since I blogged last, wahooooooooooo! Please do tell me your trials and tribulations, maybe I can help, and if nothing else it's nice to know you're not alone and someone can relate. Better yet recruit your husband/wife/roommate to join you so that you can share the experience together...whine and complain together, celebrate your success together.

Let's all find a way to help one another stay on track thru the holidays and we'll be well on our way toward accomplishing our New Year's resolution that much faster!!! If you do feel the need to party a little bit more than some of your "team mates" don't beat yourself up. Do what you feel is right for you and when you're ready to get back on the wagon we'll welcome you with open arms (and treasure every delicious morsel of your story telling). Please remember that if you do need to splurge make it something you love and are really craving so that the calories/fat/whatever are not wasted ones. I've found if you give into your very strongest cravings rather than lose your mind, do it quick then get right back to the right stuff, no lbs will show up on the scale. You might not lose anything that day but you'll stay put. Don't let the splurge snowball because then it's really like starting all over again. One suggestion that I have is that you eat your Lean & Green meal just before heading out the door to a holiday party. Things are alot less tempting with a full belly!

Anyone local wanting to plan a clothing swap please let me know. I've got size 10s and larger 8s, pants mostly as tops are a bit more forgiving, that I'd love to trade to a TSFL'er rather than donate to strangers. The only one who will not benefit is the smallest person on the team and well, errrrrrrr, ahhhh, screw her!

Bill and I are scheduling some tastings in the near future (one of them's tonight!) where you can bring a friend, taste new Medifast products and learn creative ways to liven up your Lean & Green meals. We can bring one to you if you want to host it at your home. It's great for people thinking of starting the program but also great for some support and motivation for those of us plugging along. I'm bringing my "bag of tricks" to share and would love to post my favorite lo-cal, lo carb recipes and encourage you to do that too! I'm such a lover of food I absolutely cannot eat the same food day after day and I really look forward to my Lean & Green meal. With a little creativity and planning it can be a delicious satisfying treat!!

Keep on keepin' on...keep up the good work...be kind to yourself and TAKE SHAPE FOR LIFE!

No comments: